Our History

1867

George John Murray, W.S. assumed into firm, becoming
Murray Beith & Murray at
39 North Castle Street, Edinburgh
Scottish Solicitors: continuing tradition of involvement in the financial affairs of their clients.

1985

Ruthven Gemmell joins Murray Beith & Murray
Evolution of legal and regulatory background requires increasingly formal agreement between Clients and Legal Firms.

1987

Ruthven Gemmell drives the creation of Investment Management department
Client assets under management steadily increase
Investment Management becomes less incidental to “legal” business
Regulatory Background continues to evolve
Decision to become Regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) rather than under the Recognised Professional Body of the Law Society of Scotland

March 2008

Creation of Murray Asset Management
Separately Regulated by FSA

September 2008

Murray Asset Management moves to
3 Glenfinlas Street, Edinburgh