Department: Financial Planning Group
Responsible to: Financial Planner
Job Purpose: To provide comprehensive and effective administrative support
Murray Asset Management (MAM) is one of Scotland’s leading investment management firms with managed assets in excess of £300 million. MAM provides investment management, financial planning, custody and administration services to a wide range of clients.
An opportunity now exists for an enthusiastic, motivated individual who is looking to work as part of a small and friendly team, providing high-calibre administrative and report writing support. The role is full-time Monday – Friday from 9am – 5pm.
Key Responsibilities will include:
• Maintain client and provider database records with all relevant information.
• Prepare fee invoices for financial planning work; monitoring issued invoices to ensure fees are paid.
• Produce general correspondence including letters, memoranda, attendance notes, fee notes, agendas and minutes of meetings.
• Take and make telephone calls; produce written summaries of telephone calls; proactively arrange and manage actions arising from such calls.
• Assist in the general administration duties, when required, throughout the firm.
Skills, knowledge and experience:
• Excellent organisational skills and the ability to plan and prioritise own workload
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Good interpersonal skill, both written and oral
• Good IT skills using Word, Excel and Outlook
• Ability to work both on own initiative and as part of a small team
• Previous experience working within a financial services environment is desirable, but not essential
This job description provides an overview of the key duties and responsibilities for this role and is not intended to be exhaustive.
To apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter via e-mail to [email protected] or by post to HR Generalist, Murray Asset Management, 3 Glenfinlas Street, Edinburgh, EH3 6AQ.